I know it's wrong to say, but I LOVED my old dentist. He was polite, gentle, never rude, always asked if I needed more novacaine because he didn't want to hurt me, and more importantly, ran a tight ship and actually ran his appointments on time.
Switch to a new job, new insurance, and a new, more convienent dentist.
An old filling had broken in one of my molars and she was to fit for a crown.
I felt like I was in Little Shop of Horrors. Seriously. The new dentist looks gentle enough but then she kept trying to force my mouth open further than nature intended. The water that is used to soften the friction from the drill was teaming into my mouth, causing me to gag horribly. Then I smelled smoke from the drill after she turned the water flow down (picture a wet saw here). The assistant kept pulling my terribly dry lips to the side and resting some machine in the corner of my mouth, pinching the skin of my lips between the machine and my teeth. At least she shot me full of novacaine, but when it wore off, I was left with a seriously fat lip and a horrible metallic taste in my mouth.
Thank GOD I don't need a root canal. Unfortunately, I have to go back to get the new crown, but you can bet that I won't be going back. I am no Arthur Denton.
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Honey, I shrunk the dentist... er, um, or rather..
Shall I make her go bye-bye the way Seymour took care of the DDS that offended his lady-friend?
-Your honey
Post a Comment