I had my glucose tolerence test without too much difficulty, the sonographer got a good look at the baby's feet ( finally) and is 98% sure it is a girl. I had some heart palpitations over the weekend (along with nausea, severe headaches, and generally not feeling well) and now I have to have an echocardiogram just to rule out mitral valve prolapse. I can deal with that. Nothing too horrible going on. The best part? I have not gained 1 pound in a month. I am actually at the weight I was BEFORE I got pregnant. I lost so much weight the first 3-4 months due to morning sickness that I hope I will be ahead of the game when the baby is born!
Baby stats: according to the sonogram
Weight 2.5 lbs
Length 14.75 inches
Gestation:
By due date 26w5d
By sono 27w4d
Name: Miranda
We are going to leave the middle name up in the air until she is born, but so far in the running is:
Skye
Rose
Kate
Elizabeth
Katherine
I am sure we will have more by the end of the summer, but everyone so far likes Rose, Honey's grandmother's name.
Just in case the sonographer was way off, the boy's name is Joseph Michael. I am adamant about not having all pink here. There has to be some margin of error!
On the home front:
We are on our way to being preapproved for a mortgage. It is very nerve wracking. We have brought up my credit score and paid off a lot of debt these past few years and it finally paid off. Things look good. I can't believe it. The best part? We are not even really looking, it is just in case my landlord decides to sell the house we are in now at a bargin basement price.
We bought a car yesterday. A used 1997 Mazda Protege in excellent condition and gets MUCH better gas mileage than the PT. So, Honey will have a better commuting car and we will eventually trade in the PT for a newish Subaru Outback Wagon (hopefully by the end of the summer).
Unpacking? What's that? We dont even have bedroom furniture (which is making our moms CRAZY!). We are still living out of laundry baskets and plastic bins, with clothes strewn across the basement (neatly, I swear!) but at least now we have a fire under our butts to get the bed frame and furniture as I dont want to have the baby's room set before ours! Selfish, I know, but really, she has some time, we don't.
The dog is becoming more possessive of his time with us. Really, with Honey, and not with me so much, but he is up our butts all the time. I think he is really aware that he won't be the baby anymore. Should we look into a class for him or hold a baby doll around the house or is that really stupid? He really is a gentle, sweet dog, but I have NO idea how he might react. I think once the baby furniture comes in, we will worry more about it then. On another note, we are getting him microchipped as he likes to wander off when the gates to the backyard are left open by the stupid lawn guys. We live by a MAJOR highway. I can't bear to lose him!
The highlight of yesterday, I got approved for AMEX. They blacklisted me 10 years ago when I was in college and just lived off the card and wasnt able to pay it off. Dammit! I was a poor college student! Lesson to all the college students out there? DON'T SIGN UP FOR ALL THE CREDIT CARDS ON CAMPUS. IT CAN RUIN YOUR FUTURE WHEN YOU TRY TO APPLY FOR A CAR LOAN OR MORTGAGE LATER. I am living proof. It took over a year of disputing with them to get them to realize I AM a responsible adult. Really I am. I just happen to sleep on a mattress on the floor in a rented house. For now.
The future really looks bright, I gotta wear shades.

4 comments:
I can totally relate to this! My husband and I are still trying to fix our credit from our college days. Those credit cards are such bad news. Good luck to you with the mortgage.
I don't know how my cats are going to react to the baby either. I don't think they have any clue that a baby's on the way. They still try to walk all over my belly when I'm laying down. Actually, maybe it's deliberate...
A girl! Congrats!
Miranda, huh? I just might have to steal that from you....
okay...officially hate you for being the weight you were prepregnancy...:)
but am thrilled for you that you are having a girl. girls are great!
Post a Comment