Thursday, July 07, 2005

Randomness

The guys at the deli where I eat lunch know my order. Scary. Grilled cheese on rye with ham.

My dog locked himself in the bathroom yesterday while we were at work. Usually I close all of the doors in the house to avoid this happening, but I guess I didn't close the bathroom one all the way. So silly puppy goes in and manages to lie down on the cool tile and slam the door shut behind him. Did I mention that the bathroom doesn't have windows? Or that the nightlight was unplugged? Poor thing was so scared, he "got busy" on the tile, making the whole room reek of urine. So when I mopped everything up and sprayed Lysol, I thought I was done. Honey came home and I told him of the dog's misadventures, he went into the bathroom, but yelled out to me that I didn't finish cleaning. I looked everywhere. I couldn't find the source of why on earth it still smelled in there. I ran the exhaust fan for over 2 hours. Then I pulled back the shower curtain. Poor puppy was so scared in the dark that he got sick in the tub. Honey cleaned that up.

Tuesday night Honey and I were watching television in the living room, half exhausted. Out of nowhere, we hear a loud boom outside the house. It sounded like an M80 going off. Honey suggested it might be a car accident as we face a busy highway. We peered out the window and didn't see anything, so we settled back into watching Rescue Me. Then flashing lights corresponding with the lights on tv are flashing in the front window. Sirens are blazing. TONS of firetrucks, police cars, and 3 ambulances show up at my front door. A crowd gathered from the neighborhood. Apparently, a very new speeding BMW convertible blew the light at my street and crashed through a bridge barrier landing in the river below RIGHT ACROSS FROM MY HOUSE. The amazing thing? The driver and passenger got out of the car and stood in the river, stunned. They were okay. They were drunk, but survived with minor injuries and a broken nose. The car was totalled. We couldn't see the car in the river as there are a lot of trees between us and the river. I can't believe I blew it off as fireworks. I feel terrible.

A good friend of our is getting married. In Greece. We can go. How cool.

Another good friend just got engaged. He was so romantic with the proposal. Let's just say it involved a treasure hunt with books (Pride and Prejudice, Much Ado About Nothing), a trip to the the NY Public Library, and finally to the Love Room at the Library Hotel with rose petals and champagne. Congrats!

And I am still working late nights this week. I am living for the weekend.

1 comment:

a mummy losing it said...

Dramatic crashes, a trip to greece, tale sof a romantic proposal ... this entry was very exciting! LOL