Miranda slept through the night. OMG. Two nights in a row. Double OMG.
Friday night we went to watch my cousin's soccer game in Connecticut (they tied) in the FREEZING cold. Yes, we took the baby to a 7pm game in 50 degree weather. She was bundled up well and slept most of the time anyway. The game ended at 10pm and then we went to IHOP for pumpkin pancakes and hot chocolate (the best combination). Oh, and to warm up. The rest of the trip home took about 40 minutes and she slept the whole time. When we got home, I didn't want to wake her or put her on her back on cold crib sheets, so I left her in the car seat and placed it in the crib.
Where she slept.
Until 6am.
I was in shock. I was up at 3, 4, and 5am checking in on her with a bottle in one hand and a clean diaper in the other, but no need. She didn't even stir. Or whimper that she needed her diapy changed. When she did finally want to wake up, she downed almost 7 oz of formula and had the poopiest diaper I have ever changed.
I didn't care. She slept for almost 7 hours consecutively.
Last night was a repeat performance. She slept from 1am to 8am (not in the car seat, but ON me). I was up at 4am and 6am for no reason. But still...
Let this be the start of something good. Please Lord. I would LOVE to get more than 3 hours of consecutive sleep. I pray. Please let the luggage under my eyes fade back to their pale shade and the whites of my eyes be WHITE instead of bloodshot. Please let her continue this wonderful streak and I will light candles or slaughter a lamb or whatever you want. (Okay, maybe not slaughter the lamb because I could NEVER hurt an animal like that, but you get my point). Thank you for blessing us with such a good baby. She gets baptized next week, you know.
Anyhoo, keep your fingers crossed for us. I really could use the sleep.
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yea, Miranda! Way to give Mommy a break! Keep it up...
Post a Comment