Last night E. stated that she absolutely needed to use the only working computer in the house (that is connected to the flat screen tv) in order to complete her English homework.
Me: what are you looking up online?
E.: I have to look up words on Dictionary.com.
Me: Vocabulary words? Are you looking up definitions or anything more specific?
E.: Definitions. Can I puh-leeze sign on? I need to get this done.
Me: Can you use a dictionary? Look them up in the book?
E.: (getting upset) Huh? I have to look them up! Why can't I use the computer?
Me: Why can't you use a book?
E.: It won't have what is online.
Me: They get the information from what is in the book, silly.
E.: (exasperated) OK. Fine. But why can't I use the computer?
Wow. How far students have come to get information on demand.
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment