May is usually the worst month in my business. Everything explodes, meetings are scheduled on top of meetings and I go crazy trying to keep up. My mantra is "just make it to June". Well, after having 6, yes, 6 meetings in 7 days in six different cities, the end of the craziness is around the corner. Last week was spent playing catch up at work, hence my lack of blogging, and we also, like, moved, so getting rooms together was pretty much a priority.
So, the celebrate the end of the craziness, my last business trip that I will be traveling by plane for is to my second favorite city outside of NYC. New Orleans. Great food, great hotel, hopefully, great weather. This time honey will come along. He has never been there. I have been there 3 times this past year. I am really looking forward to showing him around the quarter and such.
On the baby front, we took the kids to see Star Wars Episode III this weekend. I cried like an idiot when Anakin burst into flames. Blame the hormones. The cool thing was, when the music started booming for the coming attractions, the baby kicked like crazy. It was hysterical. Honey and E. kept feeling my belly. Then I got all worried that I was making the kid deaf before s/he was born. At least I can tell s/he that they were there for the last Star Wars in the theater.
On the house front, holy crap, we unpacked a lot. The good thing is, we don't have to paint. The rooms were all freshly painted before we moved in and as much as I would like to change the color of the baby's room from white to a softer color, I think we will have to make due with a fun border, framed prints and hanging up a quilt for decor. I am still tossing around the idea of a soft honey wood wainscoting for the bottom half of the walls. No paint. No mess. Just point the nail gun and shoot. Then we get the crib, dresser, and glider. That's all. Oh, and my mom is bugging me about registering. Hello? Didn't I say that NOTHING would happen until June? Anyhoo, this is the theme I keep going back to. So, in June we register for the rest of the stuff.
Well, I am out for the rest of the week, N'Awlins, here we come. Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone. See you in June!
Monday, May 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Have fun in New Orleans! The humidity has been sneaking up on us but hopefully you will be better hydrated than I am and your feet won't swell up like marshmallows!
Have a great trip!
Good to know the baby likes movies - maybe you will still get to see a few. Mine freaked out when we went to the opera, but I wasn't sure if it was cause she liked it or hated it.
Hope you have a great trip! Sounds exciting!
Post a Comment