I am sure you are dying to know how things went in New Orleans.
My meeting went off very well. Extremely well. Surprisingly well. After the meeting, honey came down for our last hoorah. I cannot believe we did what we did. It was a whirlwind tour for him. Thank goodness we came back on Sunday night so we had Monday to recouperate.
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" was the quote of the trip.
We tried to hit every major attaction just so we could say we did.
Here was our itinerary:
Friday night
Dinner at Adelaide's (sister restaurant to Commander's Palace)--Didn't want to travel to the Garden District for dinner there, I was exhausted from working all day
Bourbon Street (complete with breast-bearing bead-tossing, not mine)
Jean Lafitte Blacksmith Bar (sans lights, it is a cool place)
Voodoo Shops
Maison Bourbon for some Jazz
Then back to hotel for some porn-induced sex
Saturday
Lazy morning
Breakfast at Brennan's (too heavy, all I wanted was French Toast and watermelon. We had Eggs Benedict, Oysters Rockefeller, Baked Apple, and Bananas Foster, Honey had Mint Juleps).
Walk through Quarter
Snack at Cafe du Monde (MMMM, beignets.)
Mardi Gras Museum (rode a simulated float)
Jean Lafitte National Historical Park (leaned what Iko, Iko means)
Quick stop at Cathedral to bless baby
Walk along river, stopped by Natchez Steamboat, listened to jazz band
Streetcar from Aquarium to Poydras
Mulates for Cajun Catfish and Gator
Waddle back toward hotel
Shower and change for dinner
Dinner at Delmonico's (AMAZING steaks. I heart Emeril.)
Bed (exhausted from food and walking)
Sunday
Breakfast in bed
Cemetery Tour of St Louis No 1 (in rain)
St Charles Streetcar from Tulane for cheap tour of Garden District
1 hr in Harrahs (Honey won!)
Off to airport for PoBoys to go
All in all, we saw and ate a lot. Honey still doesnt understand why this is my fave city outside NYC, but then again, walking thru the quarter without a hurricane in my hand and a huge belly is not exactly the feeling I like to have when I am there. Also, he doesnt like fish. I think that is sacreligous in New Orleans. Next time we go, I will have to flash some boobage for beads (ha!) AFTER the baby is born or just have Honey throw them to me at home.
Now, back to reality and the grind, but now things have slowed down enough, I can actually do stuff AFTER work like put together the house, cook dinner, be nice to Honey, etc. Ah, summer.
Monday, June 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you had a good time! I've lived here for five years and I have no idea what "Iko" means.
Yum beingents at Cafe du Monde...
You should have flashed the belly and seen what you got for it.
Post a Comment