You are 2 months old today. You have gotten bigger (you are almost 10 lbs!). You have kept the beautiful dark hair that you were born with but you were cursed with the cowlick that runs in my side of the family. Your hair is growing and beginning to show signs of soft curls. Your cheeks have plumped up and are ripe for kisses. You still don't like to be breastfed, so we have decided to go with formula. Of course, you won't take the regular kind, you need lactose free to control the crazy amount of gas you emit. You also don't do well with the powdered version (just add water!) or the concentrate. No, you only do well with the ready to eat version. We also have switched to the Playtex Nurser system with the disposible bags which has also helped control the gas of your distended belly. You are no cheap date.
You have just started tracking things well, and have quite a grip. You scream like crazy as soon as you have a wet diaper, but can sit for an hour in a dirty one. You love baths (maybe because you had low amniotic fluid in the womb?). You hold you head up VERY well and love tummy time. You hate sleeping on your back. You are just discovering that if you cry, someone will pick you up. You are now sleeping between 11pm and 4am (hallelujah!) but still need to be fed every 3 hrs otherwise. Mommy passes out by 10 pm, so Daddy gets you to bed. You eat between 4-6 oz at a time. You are starting to outgrow the newborn size clothes and are in 0-3 month size. You like riding our dog, Boba Fett (with help of course). He loves you and licks your feet, but is definitely jealous that you get more attention than he does.
You sleep during our daily walks. You like listening to "Piglet is Surrounded Entirely by Water" while we drive along. You smile with gas and are just starting to smile socially. You can make the Elvis lip without even trying. I taught you to stick out your tongue. You imitate me and we do it together. Grandma Mia is horrified that I would teach you something rude right away. :)
We sing the alphabet 100 times a day. We count to 10 in English, French, German, and Spanish. Grandma Mia sings you songs in Polish. We need new songs. Mommy is getting tired of "I'm a Little Teapot" and "Mares eat oats and does eat oats" and "Head, shoulders, knees and toes". We watch the news often, you will be very worldly.
I still can't believe that you came out of me (though I have the stretch marks to prove it). I marvel daily about how beautiful you are. I can only hope that you know how much you are loved. I want you to play the piano like Daddy. We both want you to read music like we can. We pray that you can hold a tune. I dream of watching your dance recitals like I had. Once you are old enough, we will go see the NYC Ballet and the Nutcracker every year. We want you to like to play tennis, soccer and swim like us. You WILL understand the rules of football and know the constellations in the sky. I want you to love to travel and have great knowledge of geography like me. I want you to have great passion about things like your sister does at such a young age. I want you to have compassion for those less fortunate than us and be concerned about preserving the environment.
Every day holds something new. I want you to know that we love discovering life with you. I can't imagine it without you.
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is so sweet. Happy Birthday Miranda! You are becoming quite the person. Congrats to you!
Well said.
Post a Comment