Sunday, October 09, 2005

Meme

Ok, I am resorting to a Sunday meme from Patrick's Place. So sue me. I just can't seem to be original today. Must be the impending doom of flooding that is about to overtake my house from the river across the street.

Name seven books (title and author, please) on your bookshelf that you couldn't resist buying...but that you haven't read yet!

Hmmm....
1. Hell's Half Acre by Will Christopher Baer. He is one of my fave authors and I was really looking forward the this final chapter of the trilogy, but haven't had time.
2. Life of Pi by Yann Martel. NY Times best sellers cant be wrong.
3. Secret History by Donna Tartt. She is friends with Bret Easton Ellis and they similar styles.
4. Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea by Thomas Cahill. I have read the other 3 in this series so far, but again, where does the time go?
5. Loitering with Intent by Peter O'Toole. This is his autobiography. If you have ever seen him and/or Richard Harris in an interview, you know that they are the craziest men ever to walk the planet. It has to be good.
6. Baudolino by Umberto Eco. Because I am DETERMINED to get through one of his books before I die.
7. The Nautical Chart by Arturo Perez-Reverte. He is another of my other fave authors. I LOVED The Club Dumas and have been hooked on his historical thrillers ever since.

My own fave author's list (in no particular order):
Anne Rice
Michael Crichton
Henry Miller
Hunter Thompson
Arturo Perez-Reverte
Chuck Palahniuk
Will Christopher Baer
Madeline L'Engle

Top 5 fave books (also in no particular order):
The Firebrand and The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle

All of these books have creases in their spines. I have read them all NUMEROUS times and they never seem to get old for me.

What are yours?

2 comments:

catbird said...

I have plenty of books on my shelf that I need to read. Too many to name! But I just wanted to say how much I love the Secret History by Donna Tart. A Wrinkle in Time will always be one of my favorites too!

Anonymous said...

NO GAIMEN!?!?!?! BLASPHAMY!!!!