Thursday, September 06, 2007

Revenge of the elipsis...

Miranda says the funniest shit out of the blue.

I was waiting for a parking spot at the food store and some yahoo cut in ahead of me (minivans don't maneuver too quickly) and stole the spot. Well, I cursed him and yelled and the driver just threw up his hands and trotted away. Just then Miranda said very sweetly, "Mommy... fuck it". I lost it. It took every ounce of my being not to fall out of the van laughing. You know what? She was right. I got over it and found a better spot anyway.

We were at the pediatrician's office for a check-up and Miranda was still leery of doctors in white coats. While cowering in my arms, all of a sudden she looked up and saw the instruments on the wall for blood pressure and such, got a dose of courage and demanded "Doctor...look...my ears...NOW!". Both the doctor and I looked at each other and smiled. He said, "I guess I don't have ask how her speech is progressing...".

Miranda was sitting on the counter waiting for our order at the local hole-in-the-wall Chinese food take-out joint when she said rather loudly, "Mommy...PU...stinky..." then after watching the cooks in the kitchen she whispered, "Mommy...messy". Again, she was right. The food was terrible and it was the first and last time we were ever there.

At the Renaissance Fair, she danced a lot and at one point, when the music stopped while we were at the joust, she stopped dancing, looked around at the crowd, bowed and yelled "Thank you...thank you very much!"

And my favorite, for every little ow-ie and boo-boo, she says "mommy (sniff)..kiss it" and then after I make sure that I have covered the area with little kisses, she trots off to a new adventure...smiling.

No comments: