Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back at work...

The weekend came and went.

Friday--get home early-ish, pick up kids in Queens then drive through Yankee Game traffic to get home. Try to figure out what to do for weekend.

Saturday-Nothing special, cleaned as much as possible to have 2 days of less cleaning.

Sunday- Renaissance Faire in Tuxedo, NY. It was nice weather and the kids had a nice time. Little John fawned all over Annaliese and I ate a whole turkey leg without utensils (I didn't eat anything else)! Miranda danced to every piece of music she heard. Too cute.

Monday- Off to Palisades Mall on ridulously nice day to spend E.'s gift cards to get some clothes before school and have lunch with in-laws for MIL birthday. Ok, I am NEVER going to any of those little bippy clothing stores again. Delia's? $25 for a crappy, flimsy, cheap-ass t-shirt? Gimme a break. Hollister? Every pair of pants has their name strewn across the ass and the music was WAY too loud. I am not a prude. These stores are a complete rip-off. Not to mention, ever shop with a 'tween-ager? OMG. I only shop for clothes alone. Picky does not describe it. Not to mention, she was being picky about CRAPPY t-shirts. PFFFT. My advice? Shop online and return it at the store if it doesn't fit. And Cheesecake Factory with a baby and toddler? Who were we kidding. My poor MIL. I hope she made the most of it.

Oh, yeah, and I fell off the curb in the parking garage and dropped the baby. Yes, I dropped her. I wanted to throw up the whole way home. She is fine. Really. Just a little bump and scared a little, but OMG. I replay the fall in slow motion every time I close my eyes. It was a complete accident and everyone kept telling me that I was lucky that I didn't break my ankle (again). I held on to her as long as I could. The curb was extra-high and I was even aware of it and stepped extra-carefully so as not to fall, but there was a dip in the aspalt. Two minutes later, another women did the same thing (sans baby). I stayed awake all night and held the baby asleep in my arms and made sure she was breathing and comfortable the whole time. I am still in disbelief. I already called my MIL 3 times this AM to check on her.

So that was it. End of summer. No Montauk as we wanted (thank goodness my brother owns the place), no boat on a lake (Lake George scheduled for next year over July 4th!). I am looking forward to Apple Picking on October 6 with some friends and their kids upstate. Back to school!

No comments: