Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Bad Wife

My honey got the chills last night so badly, that his whole body began to shake and it would not stop. Two heavy blankets and a down comforter later, his muscles were starting to fatigue from all the shaking. I must have told him to cut it out at least 5 times. I thought he was joking. I thought he was trying to get me to lie nekkid on top of him, like Elizabeth Shue did to Val Kilmer in The Saint. Then, he just went quiet. He had difficulty breathing. I called his mom, who also happens to be a nurse.

She told me that the worse the shakes are, the faster his temp would spike. She wasn't kidding. I quickly gave him 2 Tylenol and 2 amoxicillin and waited. His temp went from 96.7 to 100.5 in 20 minutes. I have never seen anything like that. Then it went up to 101.6 before it started to come back down 30 minutes later. The hotter he got, the more layers started to come off. Finally, he wound up lying in bed in his skivvies, watching The Amazing Race, drinking lemonade. (Sidebar: I CAN'T BELIEVE JONATHAN AND VICTORIA ARE STILL ON THAT SHOW! They seriously need to be eliminated the next round. I hope she divorced him after the taping. He is such an asswipe.)

I feel terrible that I didn't believe him at first. I am seriously a bad wife. Now who feels like crap this morning physically and mentally? Me. Ugh.

No comments: