Ten inches of snow. That's what fell in my neck of the woods this past weekend. The weekend didnt start off well with my stepdaughter, for all intents and purposes, I should just call my daughter because stepdaughter sounds weird, as she spiked a fever and the poor thing has a miserable cold and is hobbling around on crutches due to a freak skiing accident. Grandma watched her Friday while honey and I went to work. I felt bad for her as she really couldn't enjoy the snow with her friends but I was kind of relieved that we didnt have to watch her this weekend as I felt like crap myself. I was supposed to go to CT on Saturday. No offense, K, but there was NO WAY we were going to make that drive. It was too dangerous. Next week!
Why is it that when I blog, it seems as if my life is miserable? It really isn't. I love my life. I love spending time with family and friends. It just seems as if I blog non-happy things. I have happy thoughts. And we I get a moment, I will post some!
So, on Saturday morning, honey and I decided to do laundry before snow came. I am so glad we did. We did some quick shopping for supplies and hunkered down in the apartment for the snow.
I took the dog out in the blizzard to the local park to let him run off the leash. He loved it. The problem is, I can't always get him to come back. I can't decide if it was because he couldn't hear me as I shouted through my neck gator or if the wind just carried sound the other way. Anyway, he had fun running like crazy and chasing some brave sledders up and down the hill before mommy froze and made him pull her up the hill. Now that there is snow on the ground, he doesn't want to come inside. I guess that is what we get for getting sled dog. It is negative 5 degrees outside with the wind chill, silly, no way am I going to let you stay outside all day. I know you are a sled dog from Siberia and all, but you are my spoiled dog and I will NOT risk getting hauled into ASPCA headquarters for neglect! So, inside the house he stays, while I worry that he is going to chew everything in sight.
Yesterday, he decided to chase some outdoor cats for fun. Yeah, that was fun. He was with daddy shoveling out the car when BAM, off he goes. He finally realized the err of his ways and came back. But not without some choice explatives shouted from mommy, like "F&*@!" and "S^$#!".
So what do I do after we get the dog in the yard? We play fetch and then mommy makes snow angels. But then I couldnt get up! The dog was jumping, er humping, my leg the whole time! Who would have thought that snow makes my dog horny? Maybe its that Siberian blood. Then we finally get to bed after a great dinner (My honey is the best cook). But who would have thought that snow makes my honey horny? Maybe its it Ukranian blood! I know TMI. But it was a great weekend.
Monday, January 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment