Saturday, September 03, 2005

Delerium

Lack of sleep is really taking its toll.

Today, I made dinner and birthday cake for my mother-in-law. I barely cook and I got out the Cooking Light cookbook gathering dust and created Chicken with Long Grain Rice and Cranberries and Angel Food Cake with Cool Whip and Strawberries. Everything was good for the gall bladder. What the heck was I thinking subjecting my cooking to my mother-in-law's opinion while my hormones are still on a roller coaster?

After she left, I proceeded to clean the bathroom. Honey did not pick up that slack while I was pregnant. I did what I could that didn't require chemicals, so basic things got done, but I just spent 15 minutes scrubbing mildew from under the bathmat suction cups with a toothbrush doused in mildew cleaner. I think OCD is setting in.

Now I am on a mission to kill the pesky flies that are turning my house into the Amityville Horror.

After that, I think I am going to finish rearranging the clothes in my closet and drawers all while finishing thank you cards.

Sheer delerium.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! Better late than never... Miranda is beautiful. Breast feeding gets much better as I'm sure you've heard.